Friday, May 30, 2008

I've got bragging rights!!!

Today I'm going to brag about myself. It's not something I do real often, but this is really great news. Back in early March, one of the members of one of my Paralegal Yahoo Groups sent a message looking for members to complete a questionnaire for a chance to be profiled in one of the issues of a new paralegal magazine, KNOW. I thought what the hell. It can't hurt to volunteer. So I sent her an email back telling her I would fill out the questionnaire. Well no sooner than I received the questions, all hell broke loose here at work and I was swamped. I finally got around to filling out the questions a couple of weeks later and sent them back to her hoping I hadn't missed the deadline. Whew, I hadn't. She even told me that she liked my perspective and she would forward my questionnaire to her editors. I hadn't heard anything since.

Fast forward to yesterday when I got an email from her telling me that I will be the magazine's paralegal profile for the SECOND issue of KNOW!! How exciting is that!!!!!! It's a bi-monthly magazine and the first issue debuts in June so the second issue will be in August. However, now I have the task of finding a picture to send to her to be put with the article. I never actually thought I would be chosen, let alone be put in the 2nd issue. This may not be a big deal to some, but I'm pretty dang excited about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!
I think it is absolutely awesome!!!
And you definetely deserve it!!!