Friday, September 5, 2008

Explanation...

Ok, the story behind Gary's name. Last week, Ereka came up to me and Eric and the following conversation took place:

Ereka: I want a pet snail.
Eric: We have pet snails.
Ereka: No. I want a REAL snail.
Eric: Those are real snails.
Ereka: No! I want a real snail that lives out of the water that I can put on a leash.
Me: Honey, snails can't live outside of water.
Ereka: Yes they can! Gary doesn't live in the water.
Eric: Who's Gary?
Me: Spongebob's pet snail.
Eric: ::rolls eyes::
Me: Ereka, Gary does live in water along with Spongebob and Patrick and Squidward. They all live in water.
Ereka: Whatever mom.

Clearly, I have no idea what I'm talking about. And so, we decided to name the new dog Gary. He's not a snail, but she can pretend he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol that is nice