Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why don't I ever get to be sick???

Why are men such big babies when they're sick? They are worse than children! My son has been sick for a few days now with a stomach bug and I'm pretty sure he has an ear infection now. I came to this conclusion at about 3 am when he was crying his head off and pulling at his ear. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night so I'm a little cranky today. But things like this come with being a parent, right? WRONG. Things come like this with being a Mother. Because when the kids are sick, apparently only mommies know how to take care of them. My son wanted nothing to do with anyone on Sunday except me. That's ok. I had the day off. Sunday night, he was still sick and at about 4:22 a.m. Monday morning, I had decided that I would not go to work on Monday since I probably wouldn't get much done anyway because of lack of sleep. On Monday, he was doing soooo much better. He actually let my husband hold him in the afternoon and he ate dinner pretty well. He only woke up once Monday night (it was my husband's turn to get up with him…funny how it always works that way) and so I thought GREAT, he's better! Last night proved me wrong. On top of all this, my husband has a head cold. And you would think it was the end of the world. He has quickly learned though that he will get no sympathy from me whatsoever. When I'm sick, I still go to work, take care of the house, take care of the kids, cook, clean, etc., etc., etc. That's what mothers are supposed to do. That's the way its been for generations. HELLOOOOO. We are in the year 2008. It's all about equal opportunity! And that includes roles in the home too. You're sick? I'm sorry. Here, take this, suck it up and give Ethan a bath. You can still walk, talk and breathe, so you can still help out around here. If I can do it, so can you. And that's that.

No comments: