Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another Baby? Over my dead body!

Ok so I'm a few days late, but Happy New Year!! We didn't do anything for New Year's; heck we were in bed by 9:30 (wow I feel old). I had a lot of things I had planned to do on New Year's day though and I didn't even get half of them done. That's what happens when you have kids. You make to do lists so you know what you're not getting done.

We did get all of Christmas decorations put away (well except for the lights still on the house that never even worked) and put them back in storage. While we were reorganizing our storage unit, I decided to pull out some baby stuff to freecycle. I pulled out the walker (that my son never even used) and the swing. My husband wanted to get rid of the bassinet too but I said nope.

"Why not"

"Cause I'm not ready to have another baby yet" and he looked at me like I was nuts.

"Huh?"

"Don't you know anything about Murphy's Law? When a woman gets rid of all her baby stuff, she gets pregnant soon after. That's the way it works. So we can't get rid of too much stuff cause we're not having another baby right now"

"Whatever"

Anyway, here is the video I promised of my Christmas Day mess. Everything hadn't been brought in quite yet, but you get the picture.


You could barely walk through the living room by the end of the day. Here's what our living room looked like only 2 days later.


And here it is January 3 and we still don't have everything out of it's packaging yet. But we're getting there...slowly. Maybe the kids will have all their new stuff opened by March.

No comments: