Friday, December 28, 2007

That Dreaded Visit

I thought about whether or not to talk about this as it's rather personal, but I thought what the heck. I'm sure almost every woman out there can relate to this. I had a doctor's appointment this morning for my annual exam and women, you know exactly what annual exam I'm talking about. The nurse does all her usual stuff; weight (ugh, didn't lose any pregnancy weight); blood pressure (still perfect).

"Any pregnancy's?" I'm sitting there thinking, you have my entire chart on your little laptop there and you have to ask if I have had any pregnancies? I guess I waited too long to answer cause she asked again.

"Pregnancies?"

"Yes." And then she just sits there looking at me like I should have more to say.

"Do you want to know when they were?"

She says, "No, how many?" Well why didn't you ask that in the first place. Again though, I wonder why she's asking when all of this information should be in my file.

Then she asks, "Are you still taking Mez….(I can't even pronounce it, let alone spell it)?" Ok, you have to ask me about my pregnancies, yet you know my primary care doctor gave me a prescription for dizziness 2 months ago?

So anyway, after we're done playing 20 questions, she tells me the doctor will be in shortly. There's the sheet and the gown. So after she leaves, I get undressed and recover myself up in about 30 seconds. There is nothing more embarrassing than the doctor walking in while you're still standing half naked trying to cover up. Trust me.

So now I'm sitting on the exam table/bed with a sheet over my bottom half and a gown around my top half. Now that I have every bare inch of my body covered, I sit there and wait…and wait…and wait some more. Usually my doctor's office is pretty quick. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes in the waiting room and never more than a couple in the exam room. They must have been busy today. 20 minutes later, the doctor finally comes in. (Hmmmm, glad I'm not the only one that's put on a few pounds.) Now we get to play 20 questions again. Only this time we get to play while being examined. Why do doctors do this. Don't they know how uncomfortable we already are. We don't want to talk about how Christmas went or what our New Year plans are while you are examining our most private parts. COME ON!

Anyway, that's over. Don't have to worry about it for a whole year now.

Btw, I was able to get to my computer last night and uploaded the video of my Christmas mess. I'll try to get it on here later today.

No comments: