Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I was having fun 10 years ago

I got an email last week from our senior year class president regarding a 10-year reunion. WHAT?! 10 years already!! I can't believe it. It has flown by. I absolutely loved my senior year of high school. I went to every single sporting and school event I could. I went to my prom after only deciding to go the day before (which made shopping for a dress interesting). I had tons of fun. I would love to be a "professional student". LOL. Get paid for going to school. Now that would be a great job! Maybe later this week, I will scan in some old pictures from high school. Ahhh, the good ole days.
On another note, I learned that Ereka's bed (the frame) is about 51 years old. It's a bunk bed set. My mom and my aunt slept on the set for years and then me and my sister slept on the set for several more years. So it's on its 3rd generation now. My cousin brought up an interesting fact yesterday though. Lead paint. Hmmmm. This thought never even crossed my mind. So I went home and examined the bed. It didn't appear to be painted, just finished. But I thought better be safe than sorry and dug out a lead tester (thank you Mom & Bob) and tested the wood part and the metal part (hey, you never know). And the results were…NO LEAD!! (whew).

This past weekend, I pulled out my container of yarn and made note of what I had. WOW. That crap stuff accumulates fast. Here's a couple of pictures.

This was before I started digging it out and organizing it.
And this was after I organized it.

And here's a picture of a mitten I made. It's really thick and warm. I need to sew the thumb better, but other than that, I think it's pretty good!



And here's a recent picture of the kids.


No comments: