Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Giving

I wanted to share a little story about my daughter. My daughter is almost 4 and she is VERY dramatic about everything. A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I took our kids to the mall to see Santa Claus. Before we headed out, my daughter inquired as to what vehicle we were taking. I told her we were taking my car. The following conversation took place.

"Nooooo! We can't take you car"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because my kitchen won't fit in your trunk. We have to take Daddy's truck" hmmmmm

"Why do you need to take your kitchen to see Santa Claus?"

"I have to give Santa my old kitchen so he will bring me a new one"

Interesting. I'm not sure where she picked this up, but I informed her that she could still has Santa for a new kitchen without taking her old kitchen. It took a little while for her to be convinced of this, but she finally decided she need to take her old kitchen to Santa Claus.

I thought of this more and more this past weekend. I think it would be a great idea if malls had some sort of toy exchange when kids go to see Santa Claus. For example, kids bring in a toy when they come to see Santa and they get a FREE picture instead of parents shelling out a ton of money for 1 little picture. Personally, I think this is a wonderful idea. What better way for needy kids to get toys. And I think this is a great way to show children how to share and give. I would love to hear some other thoughts on this.


Things to Ponder:

If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?
Why do they say "near-miss", when referring to no collision? If it's a near-miss, didn't they hit?
If a mime swears does his mother wash his "hands" with soap ?
Whose cruel idea was it to spell the word "lisp" with an "s"
Why do your feet smell and your nose runs?
Why do they call it Minute Rice when it takes 10 minutes to boil?
If olive oil is made out of olives, what is baby oil made of?
Why do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?

No comments: