Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice storm? Really? Are you sure?

Well the weather forecasters had been warning us for days that we need to prepare for the HUGE ice storm that is/was gonna hit us. However, this is Kansas and the weather is constantly changing. I was all prepared last night and today to just stay home and relax with my two kids in the warm comfort of my home. I even told my husband grandma, who watches my kids, not to expect me before 9:00 a.m. and I probably wouldn't even go to work. No sense in risking my life for a few hours of pay. Well, I looked out the window at about 6:00 a.m. this morning and all I saw was a much of wet pavement and more rain pouring down. I watched the news and learned that the roads were mostly just wet. Well, crap. So much for my day of relaxation. However, they are warning that it will still get bad. Umph. Unfortunately, the weather forecasters have already blown it. Everybody was expecting it to be treacherous this morning and when they find out it's not, they aren't going to take the weather forecasters seriously for the rest of the day. Will it get bad? Who knows. I'm prepared. I have an ice scraper and a warm coat. Besides, if it does start to ice up, I'll just go home early and avoid all the crazy drivers. They're worse than any ice storm anyway.

No comments: