Wednesday, December 19, 2007

FolderShare

Ok, I haven't done a review or promoted a product for awhile, so here's a new one.

There is an easy way to access all your important (and not-so-important) files on all your computers and you can even share files with other people. FolderShare gives you the ability to do this. It may take a while to master, but once you do, you will love it. FolderShare downloads and installs easily and is compatible with PC's and Macs. FolderShare lets you install the software on all of your computers. Once installed, FolderShare places an icon in the system tray and runs quietly in the background. You can right-click the icon to look at your list of shared folders. Most of the setup takes place via the company's web site. FolderShare is very convenient because it lets you control all of your computers from a single place. FolderShare automatically updates files and so once a file is changed on one system, all of the other linked computers automatically use a direct SSL-encrypted connection to download the updated file. You can even invite other people to share your folders although I've never done this so I don't know much about that aspect about it. FolderShare's web download feature allows you to use any web browser to download a file from any of your computers on your account as long as that computer is turned on and logged in. However, if security is a concern, you should probably avoid using the Web Download feature to access sensitive material. I absolutely love FolderShare. And my boss loves it too. It lets me do work from home when I need to because I can access my work computer from home and vice versa. If I want to put some pictures of my kids on my desktop at work, I can access my picture folder at home. It's great! The company offers technical support via an email form on its web site and there is also more detailed information about this product there. I highly recommend this product and best of all, it's FREE!!!!!

10 things to ponder today:

If a pig loses it voice is it "disgruntled"?
If the pig is sold to the pawn shop, is it considered a hamhock?
If ignorance is bliss why aren't more people happy?
If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday how come nothing is free yet?
How can there be self-help "groups"?
Why aren't there any grapes or nuts in grape-nuts?
If Superman is so smart why does he wear his underpants over his trousers?
How do you get off a non-stop flight?
How come wrong numbers are never busy?
What's the speed of dark?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The same of the speed of light, yet in reverse.