Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Letter to Verizon Wireless

Sometime around September 6, 2007, I wrote the following letter to Verizon Wireless:

Congratulations Verizon Wireless. You have the only PERFECT website in the entire world. Your website NEVER has any glitches and there are NEVER any problems with it. The only possible errors are those of your stupid consumers who obviously can't do anything correctly. And your customer service is absolutely outstanding! The representative I talked with was only mildly snotty to me when I expressed my request for a credit on my bill. She could have cursed and called me names, but her smug attitude was a perfect reminder of your wonderful customer service representatives. And her ability to not even attempt to make things right is great for your company. After all, how can a huge corporation like Verizon afford to lose $25.00 because of what was obvious (according to your records) completely 100% my fault. I must be held responsible for going online to pay my bill and completely changing my bank account information (which by the way, was done without even going to the section of the website to change this information), to some random account that is not even remotely close to the bank account I've been paying my bill with since I started my Verizon contract.

There is absolutely no possible way that there could have been a glitch somewhere in your website. How stupid of me to think that. And so, again, I want to thank you for your PERFECT website. There is truly no other website that can compete with yours. I will be sure to tell everyone I know about this exceptional experience I had in dealing with your company. Thank you Verizon Wireless.

I then proceeded to post this letter on every free complaint forum I could find (my3cents, complaints board and several others) About 2 weeks after mailing this letter to Verizon, I received a letter basically stating they were looking into my problem. When I went to pay my October bill online there was a $25.00 credit! No letter explaining the credit, no phone call, just a miscellaneous $25.00 credit. I was a little surprised. So the next time you send a complaint letter, really think about it first and then kill 'em with kindness!! (a little sarcasm might help too).

No comments: